Lifetime Achievement Award
NAPT Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr. George Laramore was the 2019 recipient of the NAPT Lifetime Achievement Award. His vision that particle therapy would be at the forefront of the future of radiation therapy has been instrumental to the development of the field as it exists today. This vision combined with his steadfast perseverance to make particle therapy available in the Northwestern United States has and continues to benefit thousands of cancer patients every year. It is innovation, leadership, service and advocacy for particle therapy that continually moves our field forward. Many others have provided significant impact to the field of particle therapy and NAPT would like to honor them.
Please submit your nominations for the 2020 NAPT Lifetime Achievement Award by January 24, 2020. The recipient will be honored during the April 2020 NAPT conference in Nashville, TN.
The National Association for Proton Therapy (NAPT) strongly desires to recognize with its Lifetime Achievement Award (LAA) those individuals who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of the field of proton therapy.
• Significant contributions to the field of proton therapy (5-year minimum)
• Not a current member of the NAPT board
Nomination Criteria (specific relation to proton therapy, not all required)
• History of distinguished service
• Evidence of effective leadership
• Key roles in clinical / physics research
• Meaningful involvement in advocacy
• Considerable service as educator / mentor
• Responsible for key innovations
• Other significant contributions to the field
• Nomination letter
• Minimum two letters of support
• CV / Resume
• Deadline for submission: January 24, 2020
• LAA Subcommittee reviews and scores nominees based on criteria
• Top three nominations are submitted to the NAPT Board
• NAPT Board selects awardee
• Lifetime Achievement Award Luncheon Recognition at annual NAPT conference
• Bragg Peak Award
• Complimentary lodging at conference for award year
• Complimentary annual conference registration for life
• Lifetime recognition on NAPT website
Please submit nominations by 1/24/20.